Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dance Camps or gardens?

I just booked myself into an English country garden tour for next spring. I've always wanted to do this and now is the time because I'm no longer spending the month of July in Sweden. For 8 years in a row I attended the Herrang Dance Camp in Sweden for 4 weeks every summer. Some of those years I spent the 3rd week at the Bergen Dance Camp in Norway. I was there to study Boogie Woogie, a European swing dance I fell in love with and hoped to bring to America. Unable to find a partner willing to put the time and effort into learning it, I finally gave up on that dream and decided to just go for the fun of it. But two years ago Bergen folded it's camp, the dollar is in the toilet and Herrang finally got too crowded and too expensive for me. So I won't get to watch Axel, the beautiful son of my best friends in Sweden, grow up each year, and no more boogie fixes, but I'll finally get to see the famous Chelsea gardens. And I'll get to meet the two children who have been added to the family of my friends in London since I last saw them. There are other things in life besides dance, even for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home